1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

can i modify a boss undercariage from a 2500 to a 2003 1500?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by zort10, Nov 10, 2008.

1. zort10

zort10 Junior Member

is it possible to modify a boss undercarriage from a 2500 to a 1500 2003 model\/

any help would be great cant find anything on these,pics would be awsome but info is super to

thxs steve

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

What make of truck? :confused:

3. zort10

zort10 Junior Member

the undercariage came off a 2003 2500 it i want to install it on my 2003 1500

4. zort10

zort10 Junior Member

dodge lol sorry

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Afraid not. The height, width, mounting points, and overall design are completely different between the solid axle (2500) and IFS equipped (1500) Dodges. You'd have far more time, cost, and effort into making the mount work than to simply sell the mount you have and buy the correct mount to begin with.

6. erkoehler

erkoehler PlowSite Veteran

Did I read that you want to put a "V" plow on a Dodge 1500? What size V?

7. zort10

zort10 Junior Member

thxs bb for info

sorry v was a misprint it is a 8ft boss plow

8. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Happy to help.

Just another heads up since you clarified your typo...unfortunately the 8 ft straight (super duty) is technically still too much plow for the 1500 Dodge. Anything bigger than a 7.6 standard duty is no no so you may want to rethink your purchase.

9. zort10

zort10 Junior Member

yes i heard it was to much for this truck but going to beef up front abit,already bought plow and changing to the 2500 next year,only doing a few laneways not much plowing this year\1

10. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Good glad you're planning on a new truck. You'll need it after the 1500 spends a winter carrying a 8 foot Boss blade around