1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Can I "Kage a Boss"

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by ford6.9, Oct 20, 2010.

1. ford6.9

ford6.9 Senior Member

I have a 8' Boss skid steer plow and I am wondering as I read somewhere on here I may be able to buy the Kage plow sides and have it work on my boss plow? Is this true? and How much would that be if so? Ho much would I have to modify my boss skid steer plow as its sits?

2. Advantage

Advantage Senior Member

Yes I believe you can. Look up the rep from Kage on here, he can answer all your questions.

3. ford6.9

ford6.9 Senior Member

How would I go about doing that? Where do I find him? My thinking was he would see "kage" and jump at it.

4. DareDog

DareDog PlowSite.com Addict

5. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

yes the kage will work with your Boss 8 foot trip edge plow. you will simply bolt 2 brackets to your Boss plow and that's all.

6. xtreem3d

7. Kristin Stephan

Kristin Stephan Sponsor

Ford6.9- I'm pretty sure we've already been in contact, if not let me know:) Usually I am on here a little more often and would have 'jumped' at it:) It is the busy season. xtreem3d is right about just needing to bolt on the two brackets.

8. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

Can I Kage an 8 ft straight Western like the one in my signature pic?

9. Kristin Stephan

Kristin Stephan Sponsor

JohnnyRoyale- We do not make a brackets that are compatible with your plow. The main requirement for a SnowKage to work on a plow is that it has trip edge vs. a trip mold board. Sorry:(

10. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

Makes sense. Thanks for your reply.

11. ford6.9

ford6.9 Senior Member

Kristin,
    Yes I was able to get ahold of you with a PM, Thank You

12. rhkfwain

rhkfwain Senior Member
    from FWA, IN

If you have a Boss Skid Steer Plow it is a trip-edge plow, unless you have converted a truck plow to fit your skid steer loader.

13. bobcat310

bobcat310 Junior Member

Do you know if it will work with a meyer blade the only promblem is that it is poly maybe I can reinforce it with some steel backing

14. xtreem3d

it needs to be a trip edge plow.....if yours is ...you'd have to talk to kristin,michael, or sid but more than likely you would need to modify the brackets to fit the Meyer plow
    steve