1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Can I just Swap out Fisher Pump/Motor for a Blizzard

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by jb3nh, Dec 21, 2009.

1. jb3nh

jb3nh Member
    from eastern

Hey why not right? Modify the control plug from the Blizzard to hook up to my Fisher. So if i mount it secure should do the trick.? Any one out there do or have any suggestion. The reason i'm thinking about it is the current set up on my fisher needs some serious service and a friend of mine has a complete working set up with hoses for $200

2. jb3nh

jb3nh Member
    from eastern

this is the pump

blizzard pump.jpg

3. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Love the brew in the pic!

You should be able to use your current wiring harness- just hook up your wires to the correct solenoids and positive/negative on the motor and you should be good to go.

4. jb3nh

jb3nh Member
    from eastern

Thank You PlowGuy, I appreciate the advice 'n direction. I'm heading over to the shop to go monkey around with it today.

5. jb3nh

jb3nh Member
    from eastern

Wishful thinking but not a match. I did have a pretty good time of taking apart my current hydraulics exploring the solenoid block, replacing gaskets, and inspecting gears for wear 'n tear. The end result, the reason it would seem is that original owner of the plow replaced the pump, and did not evenly torque it down to the pump reservoir block. (That would explain the reflective 'dust' in the fluid) The gears, just a little off kilter, ground down the pump/gear housing just enough to gradually reduce its efficiency and resulted in the loss of power when it came to raising my blade under a load. Now that its all reassembled and with a little more confidence in knowing how the plow works, I'll flush the system out a couple times, fill it up it with fresh fluid and call good - good.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2009
  6. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Must be because the blizzard uses a piston that "reverse's" or collapses to lift the plow whereas the fisher extends the piston to raise the plow. Sorry it didn't work out, but I would've thought it'd been straight forward.