1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Can I convert a Jeep Plow to a 91 Toyota??

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by Jersey Joe, Jan 9, 2011.

1. Jersey Joe

Jersey Joe Junior Member
    from NJ

Subject kinda says it all, I can pickup a full plow setup for a good price but it's on a Jeep. I need to mount it on my 1991 Toyota V6. I understand I'll need to have someone do some fabrication but is it a BIG/Expensive job?

TIA

--JJ

2. Dr Who

Dr Who Senior Member

just all depends on who you get to do the fab work..

with a torch and weler you can make anything fit anything....

Have to find you a couple people that do fab-work, get prices then look at the costs of a new ir used bracket for your truck. Its not that big of a deal to do, but I have no idea what it costs as I have never paid to do it, always done it myself.
    I do know the local trailer/plow shop here quoted me 1500 to make one fit my Grand Wagoneer, I told them they were nuts and went home and made one out of the bracket that I had. I turned around and made that same bracket fit my 97 f250, all for a cost of 75.00 in steal, only becasue I cut a side brace to short (oops)

3. BSDeality

BSDeality Senior Member

sure you could make it fit, but how many hours of fab time do you want to put in? i have a a complete Fisher MM1 setup for a 91 toyota pickup. mount/blade/harness.
    $1500. let me know if you're interested.

4. geer hed

geer hed Senior Member

Another alternative is if you have a vocational technical school near you talk to them in thier welding shop. somtimes they are looking for prjects to do for the students and they usually only chatge for materials.

5. Jersey Joe

Jersey Joe Junior Member
    from NJ

That's more than I was looking to spend but may be possible. It all depends on a few "things" I have going on. Does that include lights and would you install it(or help me install it)?

6. MJay

MJay Member

Have you checked to see if a mount is available for your Toyota? New expect to pay $600
    2nd hand $100 upwards.

7. BSDeality

BSDeality Senior Member

Best I could do for ya is help you load it. I don't have time or energy to install a plow any more. I think I even have a manual for it. Install is fairly straight forward if you have basic mechanic skills. Thats everything, soup to nuts you need for the install. I'll even throw in an extra brand new cutting edge. give me a call if you want to check it out. 203-948-fourtysix eightyeight