1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Can I change vehicles with just new push plates?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Jordy, Dec 29, 2013.

1. Jordy

Jordy Junior Member
    from UT

Running a MM2 system with an SD blade on my 94 F250. Transmission died and the truck is ready for retirement.

I have a '96 Bronco lined up for purchase, but I need to confirm that I don't require additional hardware other than that generation of F150 push plates.

Are all push plates designed so that, no matter what vehicle you have, when the proper plates are installed, they're the same distance apart from each other - so as to line up with the plow?

Thanks.

2. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

Yes, all more recent fisher plow headgears have the same spacing. Part number 7126 for the 96 F150 trucks.

3. jmac5058

jmac5058 Senior Member

Another problem may be if the 1/2 ton suspention on the Bronco can hold the plow off a 3/4 ton .

4. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

lots of guys swap in f250 - f350 2wd twin ibeam coil springs to the 4wd f150 front end.

ya its a Band-Aid but it works and gets rid of the saggy front .

5. Jordy

Jordy Junior Member
    from UT

Yeah, I've got heavy springs and air bags on order from Summit Racing in preparation.

6. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

Its only a friggin SD blade, it weighs like 500 pounds. A Tacoma could hold that up...well, maybe not.

7. Jordy

Jordy Junior Member
    from UT

I've got Sno-Wings on it, but that's only another 100# or so.

I'm not excited about the lack of toughness, but I'm super excited for superior maneuverability and better fuel economy when not plowing. My 460 was so bad that I never used the truck except to plow...