1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Can I change my mold board?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by fffowler, Jan 24, 2012.

1. fffowler

fffowler Junior Member

I currently own a 7'6" standard duty straight blade rt3...My question is can I change just the board to something bigger with my existing frame? Is the frame itself the same? I appreciate any help

2. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

Might be cheaper just buy you some wings to make it bigger

3. BossPlow2010

BossPlow2010 PlowSite.com Addict

No you can't, you have a 7'6" std duty plow, which is the largest plow boss makes for standard duty. The next size up moldboard is an 8' which is a supertduty plow, and a larger frame. And that is why you can't do this.

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

It can be done if you change the angle quadrant too but yes, wings would be a far less expensive alternative overall unless you have your eye on a cheap moldboard already.

5. the new boss 92

the new boss 92 2000 Club Member

seeing your blade is so new, try and find someone thats looking to down size or sell out right for the blade you want. i can find 8ft, 8.5's by me for around 2300 or less barley used.