1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Can I adapt a Dodge mount for Meyer to a Chevy?

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by jfgold, Sep 15, 2008.

1. jfgold

jfgold Junior Member

Before I sell the Dodge mount and find out that it could have been adapted to the 95 Tahoe would someone let me know. It is a "tube mount" Meyer off of a 01 Dodge 3500 that I'd like to adapt if possible to a 95 Tahoe. If it is doable let me know before selling it and buying the Chevy version. Thanks in advance for your answers! Joe
  2. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

Sell the Dodge mount and buy a correct Chevy mount
  3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

You can adapt anything to virtually anything with enough time and effort...this this wouldn't be one of those situations. :nono:

Save yourself the aggravation, use the correct mount. :waving:
  4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

We can hook you up, or go see Standard Supply but you'd waste a lot of time trying to modify it.
  5. ServiceOnSite

ServiceOnSite Senior Member

i dont think in the long run it would be worth it. you might save 250-350 dollars but if something breaks in the middle of the night that you fabbed up, and its because of an incorrect peice thats when you will kick yourself in the @#$
  6. AHammen

AHammen Member

Yes it is possible. But in that swap (going from a 3500 Dodge to a Tahoe) I don't think it would work. The Dodge front end is going to sit much higher then the Tahoe so the bottom of the mount where the A-frame connects would be to low to the ground so when plowing the A-frame wouldn't be level to the ground. If you look at a mount off of a half ton chevy you will notice that the distance between to angle iron where the plow connects and the angle iron which holds the hoop is much closer together to compensate for the vehicle sitting lower. If you are looking to save money and have the resources, building a classic mount for a meyer is very easy (I've done it 3 times). It costs me about 200 bucks and about 6 hours of work. Plow mounts are very expensive so I don't blame you for trying to swap.
  7. mucciarellima

mucciarellima Junior Member

AHammen, I'd like to learn more about building my own EZ Classic mount for Meyer plow for 1999 GMC (GT800 frame - newer style). What resources do you recommend?
  8. ducatirider944

ducatirider944 Senior Member
    from Iowa

Buy the right mount and sell the one for the dodge in the used section or post it up and see if someone wants to do a swap. Like others said, do you want to go thru all the work of modifying it and hope you have it right, or just buy the right one from the start? Anything can be done, and yes anything, but at what price?
  9. AHammen

AHammen Member

I guess I didn't have any resources other than having a mount that I could look at. Basically what you need to know is the distance between your frame and how far off the ground the mounting points for the blade need to be to keep the A frame level. I could probably dig up some pictures for you if you think that would help.
  10. mucciarellima

mucciarellima Junior Member

AJ pictures would help definitely. But I don't want to put you out. so the A frame has to be perfectly level, I didn't know that. its definitely a start. thanks.
  11. AHammen

AHammen Member

mucciarellima, give me your email and i will send you some pictures and other info i have for building a mount. My email is hammenenterprise@hotmail.com if you would like to email me first if you don't want to post your email.