1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Can anyone recommend a size snow pusher for a lull?

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by highridge, Jan 12, 2011.

1. highridge

highridge Member

At my work we run two of these JCBs http://www.jcb.com/products/MachineProduct.aspx?PID=59&RID=7
    We are thinking of getting a snow pusher for one but are wondering what size is the best? I think they weigh about 5 ton so there not that heavy compared to a backhoe or something similar. Any reccommendations?

2. Jacobsmovinsnow

Jacobsmovinsnow Senior Member

tymusicI like to work with anything from 10 to 12 feet, however it depends on the size of the lot you are working on. For a large mall you might want to go bigger. As far as a brand I prefer the Jakeweld product. I cant recommend a manufacturer however Ive seen Avalanche up here. I get a machine shop to bend me a sheet of 4 x 10 steel and do the rest of the welding etc from there. A lot of work but I can build a 8000 dollar plow for about 1200 not including my time
  3. gd8boltman

gd8boltman Senior Member

We run a 2010 524-50

that has a 10' Kage Innovation combo plow/pusher. It handles it just fine, one nice thing with the Kage is if its too much for the box to push you can remove it and just use the plow. We have not yet had to do that but it's a nice option. Just my .02

I have put up photos of it in the equip posting a while ago.

Good luck, you will love the JCB for plowing!!!
  4. highridge

highridge Member

Thumbs UpThanks guys
    We have a 6 1/2' bucket on ours and it works great, especialy for stacking, but its just taking too long for our parking lot. We will keep an eye out for a 10 footer.
  5. EvenCutLawnCare

EvenCutLawnCare Senior Member

Any pics???

SNOWLORD Senior Member
    from MN

If it weighs 5 ton, a 12 footer would be fine, or a ten I wouldnt go bigger than a 12