1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Can Anyone Identify this solenoid Valve body?? 4 solenoids in 1 block

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by dodgedump, Jan 15, 2006.

1. dodgedump

dodgedump Member
    from MASS

Last edited: Jan 15, 2006
  2. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

Never seen anything like it, but if each solinoid has it's own set of wires there's nothing to it. The valve will be in one direction by default with no power, and if only 2 wires per soliniod then adding power to those will move it, right? doa continuety check to the body of the soliniod block to deturmine which wire it ground for each pair (or the harness if there is a harness that we can;t see).

You'll need to figure out the fluid flow tho.

3. dodgedump

dodgedump Member
    from MASS

Ok well I hooked everything up yesterday. I am having trouble wiring the switch up. I ended up getting the main pump motor solenoid stuck and it would ranomly go on as I was driving. I replaced the solenoid for the motor.

My new problem is this. The plow will go up right/left but not down. If I hit the right or left toggle and press the down at the same time then it goes down. I dont have to hold the right/left the whole time Im pushing down just at the beginning to get it started. If I dont send some trigger of power to the motor solenoid and press the down for a second and hold down All I hear is a click-nothing else. Is the solenoid sticking?

Last night I got it to go down fine. Thanks

4. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

That means whatever circuit you have on the down does not have float- the valve is not staying open, or not opening at all unless you apply another control input- check your electrical wiring to make sure you are supplying power to the solinoid that controls down.

5. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

is that an old monarch pump ?

6. I agree with Justme. To make the down valve work you need to power it. Your t-control switch will power the pump and up,left and right but down and float is not powered. It looks to me you are going to need an extra swith to power the down valve. Brian