1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Can anyone ID this plow/angle cylinders?

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by larboc, Mar 5, 2012.

1. larboc

larboc Member

I made all the truck side stuff, but I have no idea what the plow or A-frame is off of. Has a unique cam lock setup that I've not seen before and neither has anyone around here. I need a piston seal for it but I don't know where to look.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. larboc

larboc Member

Came off some random vehicle that came in for scrap.
    Had a western cable pump on it, I made brackets for my '01 chev 2500. The pump frame mounts on two 2" receivers spaced 12" apart the same as the mount for my 12,000 lb warn winch.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. GMD1984

GMD1984 Senior Member

it looks like and old western plow but not sure about the cam lock set up

4. larboc

larboc Member

You think they are western cylinders?

5. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

That's NOT a western plow. If you need seals you not try your local hydro shop? Or just get the dementions and buy a new one?

6. larboc

larboc Member

Local hydro shop? Don't really have one. I checked with a local plow supply shop who said he'd remembered seeing one with a similar mounting setup before and gave me the guys address. I went and looked at it and it looks like it used to have the same mounting setup but it had been torched off and regular western spread tabs welded on. They had also put western angle cyls on.
    It was a blue plow called a "Plowman". the rest of the quadrent looked differen't than mine. HELP!

7. larboc

larboc Member

Nobody on plowsite has seen one of these? I find no internet mention of plowman plows.

8. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

If all you need is the packing or cylinder just get an aftermarket one. Did you measure it? See if its close to a normal modern plow one?

9. larboc

larboc Member

I don't want to spend $80 on a whole cylinder if I can fix this one. The western seal kit doesn't have the same style seal but I may have to see if I can make it work. Thats an expensive bag of parts for me to only be able to use one seal out of the bag.

10. 24v6spd

24v6spd Senior Member

Measure the seal and look on Grainger.com.