1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Can Any One Help Me

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by RSK, Aug 23, 2006.

1. RSK

RSK Senior Member

hi guys
    i got a truck that has a e47 pump 7/1/2 plow the truck is a 78 ford this is what i need
    help with the plow will go up and down but the plow will not angle left it will not even think of moving left it is like the ram i rusted together but i do not see nothing like that. any info on how to fix the plow i just got the truck a few months ago. just got around to fixing
    some things on it and this is what i got to work with. can any one help me with this

2. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

3. Garagekeeper

Garagekeeper Senior Member

RSK You need to check and make sure that the couplers are allowing the fluid to flow back and forth into the power unit and cylinders. They have been a problem for quite a few years, while checking those out be sure that you don't have a frozen cylinder. You may want to check the "C" valve as it could have stuck open the last time the plow was angled right.
    Hope this helps you find your problem.
    :rolleyes: John...

4. LON

LON Senior Member

First thing I'd do is look for a mechanical bind. If the plow is of the same age as the truck it could have worn stops that allowed the right cylinder to hinge "over center". Disconnect the cylinders and see if the moldboard will angle by hand. You can also check the "C" valve like mentioned. It may have taking a pressure spike that last it was used and swelled the stem. The left angle function is a motor run only function so there is no solenoid activeated on the unit but a stuck "C" valve defineately won't let it angle left. Checking the quick couplers was a good idea also.
    Lon

5. RSK

RSK Senior Member

Hi guys
    have a ??? i have not had much time this week not doing a lot of things with this plow. but i was going over some things
    and when i hit the switch the left hose blow up so the plow must be getting fluid to the left
    ram so is the left ram no good thanks:dizzy:

6. sefh

sefh Senior Member

Before you put on a new hose change your quick connect adapter and see if you can move the plow by hand from side to side. If you can put it all the way to the right then hook your hose back up and see if it moves it. Keep us posted on what you find out.