1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

can any one help me on this one

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by RSK, Dec 2, 2006.

1. RSK

RSK Senior Member

hi guys
    i put out some bids this year about 25 of them. I have not over charge them it is
    a good price to plow and salt the parking lot. I put 12 bids in to this food co. and they called me and said they were to much money to do this kind of work. they were $65.00 per plow and i would have to use 250-300 lbs of rock salt per lot the price for the salt was $75.00 to $90.00 per salting thats $ 140.00 $155.00 per storm thats is $1,680.00 or $1,860.00 + tax The lots would take about 1hr to plow 15m to salt do you guys see anything wrong with this pricing
    I got 13 of the bids out of the 25 I sent out I am confused because i have never had any one ever say to me that they are getting it for half that price.
    what is up with the pricing this year in pa prices are going up on everything you go out
    and buy but no one wont's to pay the money to plow or for lawn care like we are not worth $ 10 more on a lawn or $ 20 more on a plow whats up with this

2. Rcgm

Rcgm Senior Member

You got me.I think your prices are a little LOW so I am puzzled by that one.If someone is doing it cheaper than that just wait they won't show up after the first strom and they will be calling wait you watch.

RCGM
    Brad

3. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Don't worry about it. If the bids really were too high and they had lower bids, why would they be calling you telling you that your bid is too high? Tell them "That's my bid, I really can't afford to do it for less". Don't get into the possible "reverse auction" where you come down a little, then they call the "other guy" with the same story and he comes down a little, then they call you back ....