1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Can A Western fit on Meyers

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by mylittlescoop, Feb 8, 2005.

1. mylittlescoop

mylittlescoop Senior Member
    from nj

Some guy on Ebay is selling a brand new Meyers plow and it is sitting on a Western Mount, I am wondering if it is possible to fit a Western Mount on a Meyers plow? I find that Meyers Mounts are almost double the price of Western Mounts and that would save me a TON of trouble if its a fact....

2. Midwest BuildIt Inc

Midwest BuildIt Inc PlowSite.com Addict

I saw that too, a meyer pump and blade on a western pump rack. yes it can be done it just takes a little welding and metel fabrication. I would say go for it , you shouldnt have any problems with it.

3. mylittlescoop

from nj

Thanks so much!

I love the super fast replys on this site! OMG your awesome! I am going to go for it! I will probably save a ton of money doing it that way!

Update..Go figure I was finding them by the ton and now lookig for one there are none to be found! Hahahahahah

Last edited: Feb 8, 2005
  4. kl0an

kl0an Senior Member

I think Crumm is using somethin like that up there in Fairbanks on his old Ford truck. Can't remember which was what but, I don't think it's all a match..

5. mylittlescoop

from nj

Well....If there was a way to perhaps change the angle brackets or something, was gonna buy Deriks Dodge Ram he lives 20 minutes from me but he sold the mount to that truck I have a brand new Meyers st7 plow with an E 57h and syber light kit but its no use if I dont have the mount, I have been trying to find something I can hook up and go....kinda late in the season but I wont have to worry about this all year next year I will be ready to go and put my main focus on other things...
    :( :cry:

6. Midwest BuildIt Inc

Midwest BuildIt Inc PlowSite.com Addict

What kind of truck are you trying to put it on???

7. mylittlescoop

from nj

A 1990 DOGE RAM, I actually have a mount sitting in my junk yard for a 87 dodge ram its a western plow thats why I got so excited still havent figured out how to get the flippin thing off though lmao

8. Up North

Up North Senior Member

mylittlescoop,
    Plenty of guys on here that can help you get going with the set up I'm sure. But I just want to mention to be careful of what you buy and who you buy from on ebay. Seems that stolen plows are something to keep an eye out for on ebay. And when someone is selling a plow with a different mount it just leaves the door open a bit on where the unit came from. We just had a member here get his plow & truck stolen last month, found the truck and couldn't even tell it had a plow I guess. Just something to keep in mind, sorry for bringing it up if you've already checked it all out.

Buck

9. mylittlescoop

from nj

Oh your kind, trust me I know about guys helping me out! You guys helped me more than I can ever say with words....
    Derick is from this website he lives in Cherry Hill but I do have my eye on a truck in north jersey I did a check on it and it really was owned by the goverment everything he said checks out , I dont know lol this is so hard to decide It can actually drive a gal nuts! LOL

10. jbjw@netins.net

jbjw@netins.net Junior Member

I would turn and run if i were you it will work but it is probably a cluster f*** i would just buy a complete unit and not have to worry about it.