1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Can a power broom get the job done?

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by ezmowr, Nov 28, 2005.

1. ezmowr

ezmowr Junior Member

My drive way is 16 to 20 feet wide and about 600 feet long. Of this, approximately 420 feet are level and the remainder has a 5% incline. I live close to Baltimore. We get 4 to 6 snow storms a year that range from 2 to 8 inches. About every six years we get a real big storm that drops 14 to 18 inches. Most of the snow we get is wet. I will be in the market for new equipment soon and was wonering if I could clear my driveway with a power broom? The literature says they will clear up to 8 inches and throw it 15 feet.
    Is this true? does anyone out there have experience using power brooms to clear snow?
    Please let me know if a power broom can get the job done.
    Thanks

2. fms

fms Senior Member
    from Maine

I tried using a power broom to take care of sidewalks. The power broom was great until we let the snow build up past 1 1/2" or if it was windy. I would not use it on a driveway because it would take too long and if you let the snow build up you're going to be in trouble.

3. gene gls

gene gls PlowSite.com Veteran

NO...............

4. Scottish Lscape

Scottish Lscape Member

It works for us @ 3" max on sidewalks. Agree with wind, it does nothing