1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Can a Myers plow be installed on a 2004 Z71 Ext Cab

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by sinc38, Oct 1, 2007.

1. sinc38

sinc38 Junior Member

I have a Myers plow off a 1992 Chevy ext cab and want to put it on a 2004 Chevy Ext Cab.
    I had bought the new bracket that goes to the frame. Do I have the right bracket or do I have to remove the plastic bumper where the fog light are?
    Looking for advice.:confused:

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Your question on the mount isn't real clear but if you mean that you had bought the mount new to install it on the '92, then no, the mount for the 88-98 trucks won't fit the 99-up Silverado's which means it won't fit your '04.

3. sinc38

sinc38 Junior Member

2004 Silverado 1500 Z71 Ext. Cab

I have never installed a plow before. here is were I began.
    Bought a Myers Plow off a 1992 Chevy Ext. Cab. and want to install it on a 2004 Chevy Silverado Z71 off road. Do I take the valance off or can I modify it.

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

You can do either but they look better with them trimmed rather than removed, but the choice is yours.

BTW, are you aware the a mount off the '98-older trucks wont fit the '99-up Silverado? Or are you planning to modify the '92 mount to fit your '04?

5. sinc38

sinc38 Junior Member

Picked up the new mount for the 2004 and I was wondering since the valance is lower than the new mount is there a way to mount it without cutting the valance. Or should I just remove the valance. Also would air bags help the front end to counter the wieght of the plow.

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Unfortunatly, no. Gotta cut it or remove it.

Yes, but you will need to use a set of Timbrens, or a set of Bilstien air shocks, not air bags, as there isn't any manufactures that make front air bags for the IFS GM's.

7. sinc38

sinc38 Junior Member

Thanks

wesport Thank you for you time and effort in helping me with my plow. I went and put Tembrins in the front, thank to my new friend down at Bert's Trucking Equip. Bus. Hwy 2 East Grand Forks, MN. I thank you for your input.

Brent

8. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Glad to help Brent, hope your happy with the install and good luck in your plowing venture's. :waving:

9. indyrenegade4x4

indyrenegade4x4 Junior Member

Would you wanna sell the 92 mount? I need one for my truck.

10. indyrenegade4x4

indyrenegade4x4 Junior Member

Is there a way to get ahold of sinc38????

11. sinc38

sinc38 Junior Member

As for the the 1992 part, I'm not sure I want to part with it.

12. sinc38

sinc38 Junior Member

Thanks B&B

Installed the plow, with mod. toke off the valance and guard. Installed tembrens and am very happy. thanks B&B for the help and a very merry christmas. By the way a happy new year.tymusic