1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Can a Dodge mount be modified to fit ac Chevy?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by ksf1959, Jan 14, 2009.

1. ksf1959

ksf1959 Junior Member

I have spent countless hours on the phone and internet looking for an RT2 mount for my 97 Chev, a couple places I talked to told me a Dodge mount will work if you narrow it by 2 inches. Has anybody done that and how much modification is involved?
  2. redstroker_2002

redstroker_2002 Member

i thought dodge mounts were very difficult. if you have a damn good fabricator. I have done a lot of trading mounts. i actually have a dodge mount in stock in my shop but i dont have a dodge truck. i am going to use it for trading some day
  3. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

IMHO, anything can be modified to fit anything. No offense, but if you have to ask, it may not be the job for you.
  4. old skool

old skool Senior Member
    from NW IL

I just put a new 8.2 V on my 97 Chevy before Thanksgiving. I had a used 8.2V / RT2 from a Ford super duty...it was too narrow to fit the Chevy frame. Measure your Dodge mount,and your Chevy frame, but I think it also will be too narrow. Its easier to cut the width down than make it wider.

By the time I bought a new 600 dollar undercarriage, sold my old plow (and made money), I decide to buy new... BTW..... GOOD DECISION