1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

can a code3 led be made in CHINA?

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by cameo89, Mar 7, 2011.

1. cameo89

cameo89 Senior Member

I just ordered some code 3 amber leds from a guy on another site, they are new and claim to be a retrofit led for code3 mx7000 lightbar, so they arrived today and I removed the "L" bracket on the light and it reads "Made in CHINA" can this really be a code 3 led?
    below is a link to the lights, first pic is the ones I bought.

http://www.elightbars.org/showthread.php?12018-Federal-Signal-products-and-Vistas-Code-3-products-and-MX7000s-SHO-ME-Sound-OFF

2. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

I guess any things possible, but I doubt the actual true brand names are made out of the country.

3. cameo89

cameo89 Senior Member

They look as they do in the pic, but I don't see any code3 badging on them, maybe ill contact code3 to ask.

4. groundbreakers

groundbreakers Senior Member

believe it ... code 3 parts are "outsourced" while the lightbar is assembled in the USA ... whelen parts are made here along with assembly of bar ...

5. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

Learn something new everyday I guess.

6. cameo89

cameo89 Senior Member

Yup me to..I sure hope there official code3 cause I spent $220 on 10 of these.

plus I seen your post over on there to, you really should post pics with it.

7. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

yeah I just took pics of a lot of that stuff. Pry gonna post them tomorrow. Payment is pending for the MX permenant mount.

8. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

I just took pics of most of that stuff. I have a payment pending on the perm mount already. I'll pry post those pics tomorrow.

9. nrplowguy

nrplowguy Senior Member

Almost all of Code 3's light heads are made over seas. Also most on their mini bars and beacons are made there too. As far as I know most if not all full size light bars are assembled in the US.

10. cameo89

cameo89 Senior Member

I wired up a few tonight and these lights are Bright, I just try to do my best to buy name brand, because of all the bad remarks on over seas cheap led lights. On that note ill have 2 code3 power supplies and 8 strobe tubes and all hardware/wires to install in a mx7000 $75 each set or $140 for all

11. kitn1mcc

kitn1mcc Senior Member

whelen is the only manufavturer who can quilify for a Made in the USA sticker and they are also been winning lots of grant bids because of this

12. groundbreakers

hell yah .... i support Whelen till the day i die ... pioneers in leds strobes and rotators great warranties .. outstanding performance on there lightbars have delt with whelen since 1995 .. only ever bought one mini bar from Fedsig ended up selling it .. they believe quality not quantity ..

13. kitn1mcc

kitn1mcc Senior Member

hell whelen lead time is over a month now

14. cameo89

cameo89 Senior Member

Here are some pics of the lights

Yons Droide X 3-10-11 908.jpg

Yons Droide X 3-10-11 909.jpg

Yons Droide X 3-10-11 911.jpg

Yons Droide X 3-10-11 912.jpg

15. groundbreakers

told ya ....... stick with whelen great company

16. kitn1mcc

kitn1mcc Senior Member

let me put it this way i am good freind with the production manager at whelen and over to his shop alot i gave him 2 5 ppund pails of magic o this winter for his ice jam her had

17. cameo89

cameo89 Senior Member

I do have a complete whelen strobe hide away system tho. Code 3 lightbar, strobes N' more e3's and now these code 3 leds.

18. cameo89

cameo89 Senior Member

I finally received my code 3 excalibur lower frame and trays to start my custom led build, ill try to post up pucks of my build in the next few days...I can't wait for it be done and on my truck! :)