1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Can a 2007 tundra double cab 4x4 handle breckenridge CO snow?

Discussion in 'Import and Other Trucks (Light Duty)' started by rthomas1787, Nov 16, 2009.

1. rthomas1787

rthomas1787 Junior Member
    from alaska

Hi I was just wondering about what you guys think the tundra with a plow can handle. Do you think my 2007 tundra double cab 4x4 handle breckenridge CO snow.

Thanks for your help.
  2. Stik208

Stik208 PlowSite.com Addict

Plow with the storm.
  3. CarCrazed4Life

CarCrazed4Life Senior Member

Breckenridge, CO is a nice challenge. I think you could prep your truck with the basics:

1) I would go with a 29HDW 7'6" ~ 570#.
    2) Tire Sizes Stock are 255/70/18, 275/65/18 or 275/55/20. All are ~ 32" Tall. Stick with the 255/70/18 size and if you have the 20s, find the 18s. Hankook I Pike RW11 are available in this size, and are Dedicate Winter Tires which ARE SPIKEABLE!
    3) Add a decent amount of Ballast. I'd ask Basher what he recommends. I'm sure he would suggest an Electric V Box Spread depending upon the length of your Bed.
    4) Upgrade your suspension with some Timbrens and maybe adjusting torsion bars are a suspension kit to help level the additional heft.

Make sure your truck has the accesory oil coolers, etc. I say give it a try...
  4. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

The new Tundra's are Coil Sprung so just add some Spacers. You'll be fine, plow with the storm. Your truck comes Standard with a lot of great features like tranny coolers, large differentials, brakes, etc to help you handle a regular duty/heavy duty plow. Have at it!
  5. Stik208

Stik208 PlowSite.com Addict

There is a fella on here with an 8 foot X-Blade on his Tundra, its pretty gross I think its Loni something.

SNOW DEPARTMENT Junior Member

I ran a 2008 Tundra Dbl TRD with Timbrens and a Snow-Way 29hd last year in Chicago. Worked great. No problems. Bring on Breck.

Gotta have the Timbrens....