1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

can 7169 kit take place of 7161 kit

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by billymac, Jul 31, 2005.

1. billymac

billymac Junior Member

I have picked up a set of 7169 plates from a roll over truck cheap, I am saving them for a planned newer 2500 next year. I have a 2000 2500 I just picked up a HD 8' SEHP to intall on this also. I have compared the .pdf's of the 2 push plate mounts and see very small differences with 1 bolt and hole.

My question is , can the 7169 plates be modified or do they somewhat fit the < 2003-1999 2500 series frames ?

2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

The 7169 plates should fit the older trucks, they came out with these plates to replace the 7161 because GM made apperance changes to the grill and front bumper which pushed the front bumper slightly farther out and down along with a change to the frame that put a piece of a bracket on the truck frame in the way of the inner vertical tab for the push plate.
  3. ksland

ksland Senior Member
    from ma

If you don't want those 7169's let me know. I am also in New England and will buy them from you cash. ksland@adelphia.net if you are interested