1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Calm Before The Storm?

Discussion in 'Weather' started by lawn king, Dec 10, 2006.

1. lawn king

lawn king PlowSite.com Addict

Ok folks, so where are the storms? We are running low on work around here!
  2. Bruce'sEx

Bruce'sEx Senior Member

Global warming, no more snow,
  3. scaper27

scaper27 Member

just gonna freeze this year. No snow
  4. lawn king

You guys need a tractor for anything? Our kubotas ready to go, loader,rake,brush hog,forks,aerator,spreader,sprayers,etc. Off season rates, have dumptruck,will travel,call today! Ask for scott.
  5. scaper27

scaper27 Member

no, we are still working for another couple of weeks. Some all our equipment is still moving
  6. ECS

ECS Senior Member

I hope it comes, but have a good painting project to finish after the holidays and a huge refinishing job to do plus my regular weekly things I do. A good amount of snow would be more than welcome though.
  7. Plowfast9957

Plowfast9957 Senior Member

Its not even frozen here yet. We are still digging like its May.
  8. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

this weather SUCKS!

at this rate, ill not wanna go back to landscaping/mowing.....i need a lot of REALLY cold weather and LOTS of snow to make me get annoyed with it and want to go back to the warmer season work! right now, all i want to do is plow.
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2006
  9. Kramer

Kramer Senior Member

I hear you,,, started clearing for a small prking area yesterday....had to stop because theres too much mud. Did a little more today--still too muddy.
    December 10 and no chance of a ground freeze never mind snow. Good news is I need another 2 days to complete this one....looking at rain in the middle of the week.

Will start burning brush in one month....its gonna be difficult to take when its 45 degrees on Christmas.
  10. lawn king

This is crazy, we were laying 3500 sq. ft. of sod in orleans ma. thursday 12 7 06
  11. murray83

murray83 Senior Member

God they are still paving here in my area,almost Christmas and people are getting their driveways sealed I swear it might be a carbon copy of last year.

Oh well if it doesn't snow we'll just keep on digging ;)
  12. Bruce'sEx

Bruce'sEx Senior Member

Yup Normally Excavation for us is shut down now. but Well still digging.
    Big question is if it continues like this, whats going to happen to contract prices next year. Sure the bigger places that know better will be fine, but those smaller contracts, they'll be thinking, "what snow, you did nothing and your charging the same" or something like that.
  13. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

it gets cold enough for snow....then we get no precipitation.....then as soon as it gets above freezing, we get rain.........SUCKS!!!!
  14. Dakota2004

Dakota2004 Senior Member

Calm down boys, don't all get your pannies in knots over this:nono: It will get cold and storms will come don't :sleeping: on mother nature! :drinkup:
  15. scaper27

scaper27 Member

nothing is coming. I think the grass is starting to grow again. It was 50 degrees today and all week
  16. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

I actually have a few lawns that could use a cutting again :dizzy:
  17. S & A Landscaping & Plowing Service

S & A Landscaping & Plowing Service Senior Member

18. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

yeah, this is getting old. i really like snow and miss it. i remember when snow used to be on the ground for the entire winter, now its snows a foot then gets so warm out it all melts a week later!

Well if it means anything, the farmers almanac says were getting more snow in january for the illinois area. im just going to keep wishing for snow
  19. Yaz

Yaz PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

We need a sacrificial lamb... please someone sell there only plow or take it off to rebuild and paint it and it will snow for sure.
  20. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

I predict that the Great Lakes area will have snow for X-Mass!!

Remember you heard it hear first;)