1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Calls are coming fast!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by grandview, Oct 18, 2011.

1. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

The snow is on peoples mind now. Just today I had 14 calls for driveways. They getting worried because everyone they call are booked already.

Nick, few more calls to your office tomorrow!:D

2. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

How long until you see snow? they are saying by Thanksgiving here ...that's pretty early for us if accurate
    PS just curious do you know how they found you?

3. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

Hopefully you didn't miss any calls while you were taking your nap.

Calls are coming in fast and furious too, but at the rates I bid at we don't turn anything down

4. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

Keep it up and you'll have to change your name to Neige Jr.

5. grandview

I don't even do driveways any more. Might have to rethink it in a couple of years. Still cut grass and I hope that lasts another 5-6 weeks. I get most of my calls from a local phone book I have an ad in. The old people think it's a bible to them for local businesses.

6. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

I read in another thread that you can easily make $500 an hour doing driveways, why would anyone get out of that?

I think I'm going to take our name out of the phonebook, sick of getting calls from the bluehairs who have a branch down in their yard

7. grandview

You can only make 500 an hr in Wisconsin doing driveways.

8. KevinClark

KevinClark Senior Member

People in our area are still sitting on there feet this far in. I get the occasional call but nothing steady yet. Seems like everyone is getting to it late this year.

9. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

And CT :).............

10. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

More like $600-700 in CT. My driveway route is far more profitable per hour then my other truck and sub's truck are doing our commercial stuff.

I too have seen a lot of calls. Were mowing for a couple more weeks, then have a solid month of leaf cleanups.

11. the new boss 92

the new boss 92 2000 Club Member

just remember 9 bucks a driveway GV:laughing:

12. THEGOLDPRO

Also the $500 per hour quote was what i told another kid we make per hour in CT but he didn't believe me and started laughing then again he makes $9 bucks per driveway.

I was being conservative with my $500 that's with taking my time between driveways. if my 3rd truck is plowing we can easily do $600-700 per hour.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2011
  13. grandview

You sure make a lot of money for a 15 year old.Thumbs Up

14. THEGOLDPRO

I turned 16 in july.

15. grandview

Just save enough money for a new PlayStation.

16. THEGOLDPRO

Im all set on the playstation, I have 2.

17. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

Hooked up to your mom's tv's in her basement doesn't count Ben :popcorn:

18. THEGOLDPRO

Hey i waited in line for 3 days for the playstation, So it counts. No matter if she bought it for me or not.

19. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

Phone has been all sorts of busy here for about 2 weeks. I've sent out almost 200 driveway bids in the last 2 weeks. They all say right on them they must be returned by Nov1st to be on our route... we'll see how many come in the mail in the next few weeks.

20. R.G.PEEL

R.G.PEEL 2000 Club Member
    from Toronto

500-700/hr are some big figures to be tossing out there. Is this/ truck? Or the company's revenue during a storm when 3 trucks are out? Also, how many hours do you typically bring in that kind of money during a storm? I'm not calling ******** on it because if its spread on multiple pieces it makes sense.