1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Calling any B810 and Ford Super or Chevy Ext Cab Diesel Owners

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Caneplow, Nov 30, 2004.

1. Caneplow

Caneplow Senior Member

Ok, I'm down to my choices of either the Ford F250SD with Powerstroke and Extended or Chevy with Dura/Allison and extended....

I want the 810 and I have sent a punch of PM's to people claiming they have this configuration. I would like to gain some of your expereince if you have this configuration and if you have a picture of this configuration I would love to see it. I'm sure there are 100 threads asking this question but I have searched and I can't seem to find them.

Thanks in advance

Last edited: Nov 30, 2004
  2. PlowKid150

PlowKid150 Senior Member

Get your hand on a Ford SD with the torqueshift tranny and 6.0 diesel and you will probobly never be able to get your hands off the wheel. It is a freakin amazing vehicle. I just ordered my 05 CC diesel last week and i can't wait. as far as the chevy.... hang an 810 on there and its gonna be draggin on the front bumper. FORD all the way, for front end load strength as well at the nasty diesel.

Kevin

3. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

I love my 7.3 :nod:

4. spacolee

spacolee Member
    from canada

I would go for the Ford too I just bought the 810, its on a F350 PSD Crewcab it seems to handle it but I have not tried plowing yet. No dam snow I can't wait. :cry: I will have pics this weekend then post them. The F350 and 250 have the same front end I think for suspension.

5. salopez

salopez Senior Member

I personally would not hang an 810 off of a 3/4 ton with a diesel. I went with a western 7.5 pro plus because it was the heaviest plow I could put on my 2500hd with d/a combo. Trust me I know why you want that plow, it's sweet. chevy is not offering the plow prep package on anything other the reg. cab with the dmax. From what I have seen, if you dont have the plow prep. package chevy will not fix your truck.

just a thought.

6. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

You can put alot bigger plow than a 7.5 on a 3/4 ton diesel. They say not to becacause of the weight but who listens? :rolleyes:

7. salopez

salopez Senior Member

Sure you can put anything you want on your own vehicle, but do you want to assume the full liability? I cannot afford to throw out 45k to buy another truck, that all. they 810 is a really heavy plow thats all, and to add that wieght to a diesel....doesnt always make for a happy front end.

I am not trying to say that anyone shouldn't do it, just that I didn't because my dealer, and my plow dealer didnt recomend it. thats all.

8. Bolts Indus.

Bolts Indus. PlowSite.com Addict

I see you have a 7.5 on the diesel now. Put 200 lbs of say sand bags on the top of plow and raise it. See how she sits. I think you won't see too much difference. crank up the torsion bars 5 turns.

I recently installed a 810 on a ext. cab diesel. No problem. Customer knows equipment very well and if he says it's good I'll take it to the bank.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2004
  9. Caneplow

Caneplow Senior Member

How much ballast does this customer put in the back? 400lbs? 700lbs?

10. JCKL

JCKL Junior Member

i have an 04 2500 dmax/alli with an 8' fisher and i have the plow prep on an extended cab truck. So don't say you can't get it and it handles it just fine.

11. jeffwoehrle

jeffwoehrle Member

Powerstroke, baby. Matched up with the Torqueshift, this is an awesome combination.

Throw an add-a-leaf in the front and you'll be fine.

:cool:

12. MD Power Plow

MD Power Plow Senior Member

I would go with the ford I have a F350 Fx4 Super Cab 8' bed. I am also installing the 810 Blizzard plow, My Front GVW is 5200 Lbs and I don't believe the front end would drop more then 1/2".

13. PlowKid150

PlowKid150 Senior Member

ok..... Just so he knows, the 2005 f- super duty is totally redisigned and you can hang a plow on a Diesel ANYTHING.... For instance, the crew cab diesel long bed now can be equipped with plow prep for 85 bucks straight from the factory... So if he is talking about getting a new truck, he needs not worry about anything at all, just to make sure he includes the measly 85 bucks plow prep when ordering or buying an SD.

Kevin

14. Caneplow

Caneplow Senior Member

Thanks guys, I have never owned a ford before that's my relcutance. I had a dodge ram 2500 cummins and I was told that I couldn't put the Blizzard on that at the time so I didn't... but I was living in Connecticut and the snow is different that if I move to Denver. I'm not living there yet but I will be by next season. I'm in the planning stages at this point.

15. PlowKid150

PlowKid150 Senior Member

Go with the Ford, i gaurantee you'll never buy any other truck.... Give Ford a shot, they will def. impress you.

16. Caneplow

Caneplow Senior Member

Well, I'm leaning hard that way. I am really impressed with the F250 right now. I am going to wait until after the first of the year as I am getting some $$$ things in order and I want to make sure I'm heading to Denver. If I say where I'm at we don't get snow so...

17. Bolts Indus.

Bolts Indus. PlowSite.com Addict

I carry about 500lbs ballast as well as a 450lb. truckcraft dumper. The customer won't put a box of grocerys in his bed. He is very fussy.

18. Caneplow

Caneplow Senior Member

So if I am reading that correctly; 0lbs of ballast in his F250 Ext with Diesel and 810. WOW, that's impressive.

19. SteveR

SteveR Senior Member

I run the Meyer 9 foot on my ford no balast no problems, Mine is a 2001 so I dont know the weight difference with the 6.0.
    I have been a GM man forever and I love my Ford.

20. DJC

DJC Senior Member

used one for 12 hrs. starting last night. LOVE IT !!!!!!!!