1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Calling all Western/GMC experts!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by yardatwork, Feb 27, 2013.

1. yardatwork

yardatwork Member

Sooo...I recenty bought a backup Western Uni-Mount Pro-Plow that came with a 1994 Ford truckside mount. The mount is worthless to me, so I'm selling it and the wiring harness. I've called three dealers asking what Uni-Mount frame mount I need...part number and none of them are of any help. They all say I need to contact Western directly and I filled out the Quick Match and it just gives me Ultra Mount part numbers and tells me to contact my dealer regarding Uni-Mount..AHHHHHH. After my own research, I found the part number I need for my 1996 GMC 2500 Sierra is 62330...then I see this 1575 (no air bags) or 1585 (with airbags)...my truck does not have airbags and I'm wondering what is different between 1575 and 1585...will the 1585 still work on my truck? Reason I ask...I found a 62330-1585. Finding these Uni-Mount frames is quite frustrating and everyone says it'll work based on vehicel year, but that isn't true.
  2. Plowtoy

Plowtoy Senior Member

Well, im no expert, but my guess is that there is an air bag sensor mounted where the undercarriage would mount and it would have to be relocated with one of the mounts. Those undercarriage's are pretty simple and work on any chevy/gmc from 88-2000(obs).
    I had a unimount that I bought off of a 95 3/4 ton truck, put it on my 98 1/2 ton, then put it on my 00 obs 1 ton, and before I sold it, it went on my 94 1/2 ton suburban. The 98 had driver and passenger air bags, and the 2000 (if I remember correctly) didn't have air bags, at least on the passenger side for sure. Its been a while, but I think that that mount gets sandwiched between the front tow hooks and also bolts to the front lower control arm mount cross beam. If the one you can get is for air bags, I bet it would work anyway, it just may have a cut out for an air bag sensor Again, I'm no expert, but that would make sense to me
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2013
  3. Bossman 92

Bossman 92 PlowSite.com Addict

Try storksauto.com They are very knowledgeable and have hard to find unimounts.
  4. csr44

csr44 Junior Member

I just installed a 1575 (no airbags) on my 96 GMC 1500, I didn't see any airbag sensors to be relocated & this mount is much beefier in IMO than the newer version.