1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Calling all Northeast Folks - Need some advice

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by chefwong, Dec 9, 2004.

1. chefwong

chefwong Junior Member

I'm in the market for a single stage Snow Blower . I'm located in Brooklyn, NYC and live on the *right* of the street so I'm constantly getting plowed back in whenever it snows.

Torn between the Honda HS-520 or the Toro Snow Commander. Snow Commander seems like a beast <g> compared to the Honda, but at the end of the day.......it's a Honda. Never seen a honda fail yet.

Just love to hear your thought or recommendations.
  2. smiti105

smiti105 Member

Go with an Ariens if you ask me. Two stage and they are pretty tough machines. Only had problems with the sheer pins here and there.
  3. chefwong

chefwong Junior Member

Don't have the space for a 2 stage machine.
  4. echovalley

echovalley Senior Member
    from CT

toro is the way to go.Those are the only ones we use and knock on wood they always start first pull
  5. bolensdriver

bolensdriver Senior Member

Ariens makes a nice single stage as well.
  6. ljbev

ljbev Senior Member

I have a toro as a backup use it on small walks ..10yrs old starts on first pull evertime...we put new blades on last year its great
  7. rclay11541

rclay11541 Member

Go With Toro!