1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Calling all members with Fisher/Jeep set-up

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by tvpierce, Oct 16, 2003.

1. tvpierce

tvpierce Senior Member
    from Maine

I’m mounting a Fisher 6.5’ Conventional Plow set up on my ’85 CJ-7. The only parts I’m missing are the pump mounting bracket and the drive pulley. The parts are no longer available from Fisher, so I’m probably going to have to fabricate a mount, and get the pulley from an engine equipped with A/C.

If you have a Fisher pump mounted on a Jeep 258/inline-6, could you post a picture of the mount? Or if you’ve fabricated something to make yours work, could you share what you’ve done? Or better yet, if you have these parts lying around in your garage, would you be willing to sell them?

Thanks for any and all input.

Jeff Pierce

2. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

I made up a bracket to mount the pump onto my brothers Jeep. He has a Meyer plow but we put a Fisher belt drive on it. I could copy the bracket for you. I made it out of some scrap and could easily make another. Let me know if you are interested.

3. tvpierce

tvpierce Senior Member
    from Maine

I'm very interested. How did you address the need for an extra belt on the drive pulley?

Thanks in advance.

Jeff Pierce

4. wyldman

wyldman Member

Check with www.onboardair.com .They sell a nifty little alternator pulley with an extra sheave to drive another accessory,like a compressor,or a hydraulic pump.You would still need to fab a bracket,but your halfway there.A lot of hydraulic shops will have universal pump mounting brackets you can use to fab one up.

5. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

We got a crank pulley from a A/C equipped Eagle. It uses the same 258 CI 6 Cylinder. Can be found at any junk yard. Pump bolts up to alternator side of motor.

6. tvpierce

tvpierce Senior Member
    from Maine

CT18fireman,

I assume you mounted the pump under the alternator -- that's what Fisher calls for.

The reason I ask is that I've been researching ways to adapt an A/C bracket and pulley from a 258. And A/C equipped engines have the compressor where the alternator is (on a different bracket) then relocate the alternator under the compressor.

Thanks for all your help so far.

Jeff Pierce

7. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

I did not mount it exactely like either the A/C or the Fisher version. It was my own creation and built off of the alternator bracket with adding bolt points to the motor. It has held up well and has a very clean appearance.

I like to mount pumps as low as possible because sooner or later they will leak or spill and then you have fluid all over the alternator or something else.

8. tvpierce

tvpierce Senior Member
    from Maine

CT18fireman,

Thanks for the input. I'll see what I can come up with this weekend and get back to you Monday.

Jeff Pierce

9. tvpierce

tvpierce Senior Member
    from Maine

CT18fireman,

I was just searching my posts and realized I never got back to you about your bracket. I did find one locally, thanks to the folks at Fisher up in Rockland. (They found one for me at a dealer in NH).

So I no longer need the bracket. But thanks for the offer.

FYI: I made a detailed cardboard template of my bracket before I installed it, so if anyone's interested I'd be happy to send you a copy. I don't want to make any money on it, I just figured that since these are no longer in production, I'm not undercutting Fisher, and I'm helping out a fellow Jeeper and plower.

Jeff Pierce