1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Calling all Jeep gurus, help me setup my YJ for plowing.

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by bnrhuffman, Nov 7, 2004.

1. bnrhuffman

bnrhuffman Member

There seems to be a couple Jeep related topics going on now so Ill add one more. Heres my deal. Ive got a 4 cyl. YJ that Ive had for several years. Ive wheeled it for several years. Im not wheeling as often or as hard as I used to so the YJ needs to earn its keep now by plowing for me. Heres the short list of relevant mods-RE 4.5 extreme lift, 32X10.50 TSLs, Warn X8000, 4.88s, front alloys w/297s, D44 rear with Detroit.
    My plans for the YJ are to use it to do driveways, small lots and cleanup for my F350 with Boss V. This is not my full time job, very parttime. I would also like it to be able to do some light offroading and occationally perform commuter service.
    Im looking for opinions and discussion on making this compromise work. I know someone has dealt with some of these issues.
    Here are some of my thoughts and options.
    1) Lockers, good or bad for plowing? Ive still got stains on my seat from the last time I had it out on the ice.
    2) Keep the 32s or go down to 30s or 31s?
    3) Ive got all the stock parts if I need to put it back.
    4) I really need help with this one. How can I keep the winch, mount a plow and four wheel it without having to remove the frame?
    5) Im a fan of KISS (not the band)
    6) We dont normally get more than 8" snow at a time or at least in a 24 hour period here.

Open fire!!!