1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Calling all Boss Plow owners for an opinion!!!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by MOW ME OVER, Jan 15, 2005.

1. MOW ME OVER

MOW ME OVER Senior Member

I just noticed that only my drivers side lock pin has a clasp that latches over the locking pin to hold it in place. Should the passanger side be like this also???
    Was the clasp not installed on the passanger side when the plow was put on?
    Should I be worried about it?

Mow Me Over Job Pictures 197.jpg

Last edited: Jan 15, 2005
  2. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

How old is the plow? They should BOTH have the lock on each side.

3. MOW ME OVER

Here is the pic of the passanger side locking pin without the clasp.

The plow is brand new in this past September. Im going to be taking it back on Monday to switch from a 8.5' blade to a 9' blade to cover the back DRW outside tires when fully angled.

Mow Me Over Job Pictures 200.jpg

4. jsheedy75

jsheedy75 Member
    from CT

seeing as thought the two side work opposite of eachother can the clasp be on the bottom and not the top?

5. Breck75

Breck75 Senior Member

I noticed the same thing on my new Boss. I called the dealer and the install guy said that it only has one on the drivers side. Breck :waving:

6. Bolts Indus.

Bolts Indus. PlowSite.com Addict

Just for information purposes. Not because I run one on my dually, not because I sell them, but because a 9' blade is still not wide enough for a dually. Especially angled and vehicle turning. A 10' blade just makes it with nothing to spare. That is why I have the Blizzard 810 on mine. Not wishing to upset anyone but just trying to be helpful. :)

7. Breck75

Breck75 Senior Member

Oh great bolts now you've done it........Just kidding. I find your information to be very helpful at times. Thanks Breck

8. MOW ME OVER

I hear ya Bolts

Actually I am pretty sure that I will be getting a set of Pro Wings after I get the 9 foot blade. This is my first year plowing, If we ever get any snow down here in VA. I did not even really notice the Blizzard plows until after I got my Boss mounted, but the $1,500.00 price difference does not really appeal to me either.

I'm sure that the $1,500 extra dollars is worth it over the long haul though.

Who knows maybe on my next truck I will get a Blizzard 810.

9. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

my plow is the same with the lock on the drivers side.

10. paponte

paponte Senior Member

HEH, glad to hera I'm not the only one that called the dealer after I got home and noticed it too. same story I got... only on the drivers side. :cool:

11. MOW ME OVER

Alright I feel better now about it.

Thanks guys

12. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

Ok, I thought you meant the latch itself.

13. BobC

BobC Senior Member

New not there

I have a 9' 2 " v new this season and it only has latch on drivers side! A friend who used to work at Boss dealer says they are all that way. If in doubt go to Boss site and look at the parts diagram!