1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Called some salt suppliers today!!

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Clapper&Company, Aug 21, 2008.

1. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

Well called 4 suppliers today trying to get pricing.

# 1, said were not dealing with salt this year.
    #2. Were not taking calls today ( What the hell dose that mean??

#3, When asked about there pricing I was told this:
    - "Ron, I dont have pricing yet but will let you know as soon as I do, as far as pric range I cant say, but when I think about it my butt puckers"

#4. Carlgill said, we dont have any to sell to you, were not taking any new clients, nor are we selling to any contractors till the state bids are filled... Good luck is what the lady said to me WTF!

:cry::cry:

2. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

i have a feeling your lots will look like a beach:dizzy:payup:nod:

3. Clapper&Company

from NE OHIO

Well last year, you could have cur(sp?) ham on them lol

Not sure what Im going to do, I got some left over from last year but its not enought for the who year

4. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

It is all over the newspapers, radio and TV around here salt will be in very short supply. The cities and State Dept's are starting to hoard all the salt.
    I haven't been able to get salt prices or even a guess as to price. 1 place said we won't know till we get salt in. (in late Oct.)

5. NLS1

NLS1 Senior Member

Talked to my supplier and he said what the price would be, up from last year of course, but not as bad as I expected. Said they still plan to deal with local guys first, then dot, out of towners, etc. Assured me that it should be ok. We will see. He said that they already have out of towners who will pay an additional $50 a ton for trucking on top of the per ton price. Said they already have a couple places asking to buy 25,000 tons and pay for trucking and all:dizzy::dizzy: That would be $1.25 million in trucking alone:dizzy::dizzy:

6. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

we are having the same issues as everybody else..fortunately i am able to get salt but i will need to buy the whole years supply or risk running out later. i'm wondering how many companies are even thinking about snow in the middle of august (at least here in st. louis) and don't have a clue what's in store
    steve

7. Clapper&Company

from NE OHIO

yea i try to stay ahead of the game

8. clark lawn

clark lawn PlowSite.com Addict
    from NE ohio

clapper did you try mortons in grand river

9. Clapper&Company

from NE OHIO