1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Call out fee

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by RBRONKEMA GHTFD, Sep 7, 2007.

1. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Does anybody charge for having a manager, or homeowner call to have you come out to plow? And how much do you charge if so?

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Little more info. Do you mean if it drifts or cleanup?

3. Vaughn Schultz

Vaughn Schultz PlowSite.com Addict

I think he means like to hang out :rolleyes: you "party" :drinkup:

4. grandview

Sometimes I think I should pay the managers to call me so I can get out of the house!:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

5. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

Well what I mean is if I plow a account, come back and plow replow the enteranceway after the county trucks go by and, and then say I go home to get some sleep and they call and ask that I come back and plow again. It maybe snowing or not at all. I know If it is snowing I am going to be out but If say we got another inch after it gets done and they call me back. Make any sence?

Ryan

6. grandview

So what your saying is you want money for getting out of a nice warn bed?:sleeping:

You could have it listed in the contact for a return fee, a set price, then when you send the bill out you could "waive" the fee as good customer service just so they know..

7. Bossman 92

Bossman 92 PlowSite.com Addict

If I plow then the county/city plugs the entrances up I will fix it for free. Like Grandview said, when you invoice make sure you show them that you had to come back and you are not going to charge them. I think it really makes the business feel like they are getting a good deal. If it snows and stops and then snows a couple hours later I wait untill it is over then replow and charge full price. If we get a big snow that continues all day I plow several times through the day and charge for each visit. And if we have another winter like the last 2 I think I will go nuts.:gunsfiring:

8. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

Well I am just asking if anyone does anything like that. I would prybably wavie it off anyway because I would be out plow in the first place, but if I am sleeping or at a christmas party and they call then I would pry only charge if it wasn't even worth coming out you know.