1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Call for an estimate....

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by ksland, Jan 2, 2006.

1. ksland

ksland Senior Member
    from ma

at 12:15 last night. My phone ringer stays on low after hours, got up wondering why someone would call and leave a message that late.

It was a lady looking for a plowing estimate.... Ok fine....

I call her back a little after 8am the next morning and she already found someone, LOL.:dizzy:
  2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

I get that all the time , seems like the first person they talk to gets the job.
  3. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

I'm used to getting calls for estimates in the evening but midnight seems a little late. Maybe she works a late shift. But I don't think I'd get out of bed, either.
  4. clark lawn

clark lawn PlowSite.com Addict
    from NE ohio

worst i had was a lawn customer called at 4:30 am to talk about her tree. called biz line first no answer looked up home number and called it till i fanily answered it. for plowing i have got them on christmas day a couple years ago(it snowed about 6" on christmas).already had my route done and home with family. people got pretty pi$$ed off that i wouldn't come do their drive for a one time plow cause they had people coming over
  5. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

I got a call back from a lady after we gave her an estimate for lawn care. She called at 2:08AM! WTF can you say "code 10":dizzy: I probably would have flipped out, I hate being woke up in the middle of the night unless its for an emergency or for plowing.