1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

CALING ALL Snow dog owners

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by njsnowremoval, Feb 13, 2011.

1. njsnowremoval

njsnowremoval Senior Member

HEy guys if you have a snowdogg im trying to find something out. can you please take a pic of the front of the truck with the plow off, just the mount. im thinking of getting a snow dogg when i get my truck soon and after hearing about loosing ground clearance im thinking other wise as i go camping trough some pretty rough trails. thanks in advance.

2. BMAN1

BMAN1 Member

Its about the same as a the old Western Unimount.Low.

3. njsnowremoval

BMN1 can you post pics? THanks

4. njsnowremoval

ALso i know there is someoe from snowdogg on here somewere. if you can please chim in on why they are so low and is there ay plans of fixing that issue? thanks

5. Mike S

Mike S PlowSite.com Addict

My buddy has one on a 03ford 350 and its not any worse then his 04 ford 250 with the meyer md2 mount.

6. Krumm

Krumm Member
    from CR, IA

its low, but it doesnt stop my truck from going out in the field, or down farm lanes.

[​IMG]

7. njsnowremoval

That mount would kill me going down some of the trails we go down. i understand im going to loose some but thats a little exsessive.

8. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

9. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

10. micklock

micklock Senior Member

I take my mount off my jeep for the summer.

11. njsnowremoval

Im no expert but can that mess up the frame? screw with the holes for the mounting? also does that change the frames rigidity?

12. micklock

micklock Senior Member

Trucks might be different but on my jeep the push plates are mounted with 4 bolts for each side, I had to drill 3 or 4 holes (can't remember) and the rest of the holes were already there from the factory. I don't think a few extra holes in the frame hurts anything, they come with a lot of holes already from the factory. It only takes about 20 min to take it off and about double that to put back on,

13. njsnowremoval

how hard was it to install?

14. micklock

micklock Senior Member

It was my first install and I thought it was very easy. I doubt I will ever pay someone to install another one.

15. njsnowremoval

what type of drill did you use to drill the holes?

16. Arloslawn

Arloslawn Member
    from Indiana

I had one installed and would never pay to have it done again. I put another one on a 2001 hd and it went smooth and I saved about 600.00. As far as the mount goes it is very low on both of my trucks but I had a western and it was just as low, Good luck

17. micklock

micklock Senior Member

Dewalt 18v cordless

Last edited: Feb 15, 2011
  18. armyman12b

armyman12b Junior Member

do you have any pics of your truck with plow raised? how much ground clearance do you have from plow mount?

19. njsnowremoval

Im going to do it my self then does the plow come with instructios on this? wireing is no problom for me.

20. brg

brg Member
    from Maine

Here are a couple of picts of the mount on my 1999 F150. I was a little worried about the lack of clearance, but it hasn't been an issue. Of course I don't do much off roading.

Kodak picts 061.jpg

Kodak picts 063.jpg