1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Calicum Cloride...

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by B&B Plowing, Dec 15, 2010.

1. B&B Plowing

B&B Plowing Junior Member

When im not out plowing I work for a Water Park Resort and I was helping out the Engineers Salt the side walks. If I put to much Calicum Cloride on concrete that is 3 years old will it hurt it??? or will it risk breaking and cracking??? We bought Excel 50 Calcium Chloride 94-97% Pellets. Melting Power -25 degrees... Can I have some feed back on this please??? :confused:

B&B Plowing

2. B&B Plowing

Does any one know any thing about this???

3. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

Patiences grasshopper.

No. But why put to much on?

4. TCLA

TCLA 2000 Club Member

Why do people call maintenance guys engineers? :confused:

5. NorthernSvc's

NorthernSvc's Senior Member

3 year old concrete shouldn't be a problem...the freeze thaw cycle does more damage than calcium will

6. Kubota 8540

Kubota 8540 PlowSite.com Addict

Because they know a lot about a little, but only know a little about a lot? :confused:

7. kevhead20

kevhead20 Inactive
    from Chicago

Shouldn't be an issue.....more than likely the concrete has calcium chloride in it as part of the mix when it was poured.

8. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

Possibly but not "more than likely" not to mention that is a completely different.

9. Matson Snow

Matson Snow PlowSite.com Addict

Sorry Crete...Im a Little Late to this Party.....:eek:

I doubt there was Chloride in the Mix unless the walk was poured Late in the Season...But, What do i know...Im just trying to get to a thousand posts, so the Ballons drop out of my ceiling......:salute:

Last edited: Dec 15, 2010
  10. kevhead20

kevhead20 Inactive
    from Chicago

lol....

usually but around here a lot of the bigger companies (Prairie, Ozinga, Meyer, Thelen, etc) use it in batches regardless of temps. They want it set quicker and get the finishers in and out.

I think I hijacked the thread.....sorry.....back to topic.

11. B&B Plowing

LOL, Ok thanks for the info. The Director of Engineering is having a Bi*ch fit over it and id like to throw it in his face since he thinks he knows everything. Thanks Guys