1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Caliber Question?

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Jay Kosack, Nov 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jay Kosack

Jay Kosack Junior Member

Is the following information accurate?

MCP was sold to Archer Daniels Midland (ADM) for an undisclosed amount of money. This effectively ended MCP's involvement in the steepwater anti-icing arena since ADM sees no value in the industry and has refused to release samples of their steepwater for testing.

2. Taconic

Taconic PlowSite.com Veteran

I think you maybe confused as steepwater is not an incredient in Caliber but was one of the main ingredeints for ice ban. ADM did make the purchase which has helped the liquid ice melting business grow in leaps and bounds.

3. Jay Kosack

Jay Kosack Junior Member

John:

Thanks for the clarification. I thought the information was inaccurate that is why I put it out for clarification. That was an e-mail that was sent to me.

4. Taconic

No problem Jay.I like to try to get all the info right when it comes to liquids as there is a tremendous amount of wrong and bogus info that is out there and it can really do a disservice to the industry.

5. Taconic

Caliber is a great product for use as a direct spray to asphalt or concrete for roads and walks.Caliber is not quite so "ground temperature " sensitive as other liquid anti-icers or de-icers

6. Snowballs

Snowballs Junior Member
    from US

Caliber

Caliber does contain steepwater as an ingredient. The patent application for Caliber is available on the internet throught the US Patent & Trademark Office. Review of the patent shows that in paragraph 052 of the field, roughly 6.4% of the inhibitor is a steepwater of 50% solids. The final volume of steepwater added to the blend may vary dependent on the amount of corrosion inhibition desired.

The purpose of this posting is not to instigate action, but to set the record straight in that Caliber does contain steepwater as an active ingredient.

7. Jay Kosack

Jay Kosack Junior Member

Snowballs and Taconic,

Who is wrong. Also what is the safe temperature application range, whereas; the organic products are not slippery when put down above freezeing or close to freezing for use as anti-icers?

Still wating for the plowsite registrant International to contact me?

8. Taconic

Jay i have no interest in getting into a squable here so why dont you ask snowballs.Why the sudden interest Jay are you planning on using Caliber if so call me directly i would be happy to sell it to you.

9. Snowballs

Snowballs Junior Member
    from US

I am only quoting the factual information provided by Stephen C. Bytnar to the USPTO in his patent application number 20020125459. I also do not wish to squabble, only to make sure that the facts are known and published correctly.

This is public information and can be found at the US Patent & Trademark Office website by entering the application number and reviewing the documentation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.