1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Caliber M2000 through a tailgate (w/vibe)?

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Par 5 Lawn Care, Dec 25, 2004.

1. Par 5 Lawn Care

Par 5 Lawn Care Junior Member

There's an extremely helpful distributor of Caliber products thats only a couple of hours north of me, that's been giving me really good information on M1000, M2000 and how they compare to each other. I'm in the process of aquiring a suitable container to take and have him fill (I'd like to see how Caliber compares to Magic). In our conversation, he warned me about M1000's tendency to leach out of bulk-salt piles and how M2000 is designed to do a much better job of sticking to (or staying in) the salt. He told me that since I'm planning on only mixing 300 to 350 lb batches at a time and am going to be running it through a tailgate spreader, he'd recommend I use M1000 to mix with my salt. He said that, unless I was running my salt through a v-box, that I'd have problems with the M2000 (he had to have been referring to bridging problems). Like a dummy, I forgot to tell him I have a Karrier vibrator installed on my tailgate spreader (Lesco Mini). With the vibrator running, Magic Salt sure flows really well through it. I'm just wondering if any of you guys have run M2000 through a tailgate spreader (w/vibrator) set-up like mine? Did your vibe prevent bridging? How did you like the M2000? Any experience with M1000? As always, thanks in advance for the help.

Vic