1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Caliber M1000 Liquid--FREE

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Westhardt Corp., Aug 4, 2011.

1. Westhardt Corp.

Westhardt Corp. Senior Member

OK, so here's an unusual offer. We have about 80-90 gallons or so of M1/mag than I need to get rid of--as in give it away. It's old product I removed from a spray rig, but it's clean and in clean plastic drums (old methanol drums, were spotless and dry when I transferred the product). We sold this product to a contractor a couple years back, and got burned when they folded...however, they were storing some equipment with us, so I was able to recoup the loss (mostly, anyway). The spray rigs and various other attachments and equipment have all been auctioned, and I am left with good liquid deicer that we simply cannot sell as new.

We aren't in the contracting business at this time, and really have no use for this product. I am well aware of PS's strict rules on non-sponsor sales, but I don't believe they apply here because I'm giving this stuff to anyone who can use it. Hence, I will not leave contact information here--reply to the thread, please. Just want to see this stuff go to a good home. No strings attached, no hidden fees. You can even keep the drums, LOL!

The drums are currently in a pickup truck, simply because it was easiest for me. They weigh about 400 lbs/ea, are located near Crystal Lake, IL. I'd prefer pickup (with a similar truck, we can just slide them in, but I'm flexible within reason.

I hope this stuff can help one of you guys out!

2. ADBsnowremoval

ADBsnowremoval Member

Free liquid deicer

Hi,

I too am in the north burbs. Is this product still available? Give me a call or pm me back and we can set up a time that I will come get it. This might be a dumb question, but does this have a shelf life???

Scott
    847-668-1827 (Cell)

3. Westhardt Corp.

Hi Scott,

I do still have it. Seems you can't give stuff away much anymore...maybe I should've put a price on it, LOL.

As far as I know, there is not an specific shelf life of liquid deicers, this stuff should work fine. I know the small sample I tested on my own driveway (for evaluation purposes, of course....hehe) did a fine job of burning off a couple of inches before it would begin to stick. I would just keep it for that purpose, but my driveway has a slope, and liquids tend to run down it, reducing their effectiveness. I could just use it, but figured somebody could benefit from it.

I'll call you in the AM tomorrow, and we can talk.

Trent...

4. ADBsnowremoval

ADBsnowremoval Member

Trent,

Sorry I was unable to get back to you yersteday. I am sorry to say that I will not be able to take that de0icer off of your hands. My boss was to concerned about them being in old methanol cans. I appreciate the offer though. Take care.

Scott

5. Westhardt Corp.

No problem...

6. Kubota 8540

Kubota 8540 PlowSite.com Addict

Just trying to help. Perhaps if you tried pouring it up the slope?

7. Westhardt Corp.

Why you little....

:realmad:

8. Kubota 8540

Finally getting that sprayer / liquid gone I see.

9. Westhardt Corp.

Yeah, spray rigs went months ago--for pennies, really. Did some cleaning, and emptied out one of our storage trailers, in which this stuff was sitting patiently. Never thought I'd have a hard time giving it away for free...LOL.

10. Kubota 8540

It is surprising. But I have noticed that people are just starting to think about this winter stuff. I have been dealing with it basically since last winter ended. Just finished a Bobcat setup for another local contractor. He finally bought one so I went thru it, filters, fluids, belts, battery cables, plow setup w/quicktach, radio, head phones, lights, glass cab enclosure etc.

11. Plow man Foster

Plow man Foster PlowSite.com Addict

Wow i wish i would of saw this when the tread was started! Could of had it shipped to me! lol

12. Westhardt Corp.

You still can...

:D

13. Plow man Foster

Plow man Foster PlowSite.com Addict

hahaha Yeah but shipping is prob more than its worth! Now if shipping was included inthe deal we'd be onto something!

14. SullivanSeptic

SullivanSeptic PlowSite Veteran

I am interested in it

15. Still have it I will come get it this weekend or when ever you want it gone.

16. SullivanSeptic

SullivanSeptic PlowSite Veteran

Nope. I got dibs first sorry russ. Lol

17. Jack ass I know where it will be though. Lol

18. Westhardt Corp.

LOL...I still have it, so this weekend is a good possibility. I have to head to Des Moines for tomorrow, back Saturday AM. We'll set something up, no problem.

:D

19. Westhardt Corp.

OK, sorry for the delay. Got back significantly later than planned, shot my Saturday to hell. Today works, if you the time and inclination to take a ride.

LMK!

20. Call me at 708-670-8504