1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Calcium rate

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by xtreem3d, Oct 31, 2013.

1. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

I'm sure this has been asked before but I cant find it in a search. I am bidding the biggest walk complex I have ever done to date 8300 linear feet x 3 feet wide. I am trying to go by other properties that I have but would like any other opinion's as to how far a bag will go on a freshly shoveled walk? Not trying to melt down 2 inches of snow.
    TIA
    Steve

2. BC Handyman

BC Handyman PlowSite.com Addict

how big of a bag you talking about? 50lb? 60lb? 30lb?

3. xtreem3d

Sorry 50 lb

4. BC Handyman

BC Handyman PlowSite.com Addict

I'd think about 10-12' per lb at 3' wide, best bet is to measure a pound & go outside with a measuring tape, see how far a lb gets you with whatever your spreading it with & how much your using, then multiply by 50

5. xtreem3d

Thanks
    Steve

6. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

Last year I was getting about 20ft out a pound on 3' wide walk and on a 4' walk was aound 12-15' how had my ATV spreader set at