1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

calcium chloride pricing

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Doug406, Nov 29, 2000.

1. Doug406

Doug406 Member

What are some of you charging for chloride spread on walks with a walk behind spreader. Im looking for product + labor. I was thinking around $.65 per pound. This would work out to $12 a 50 # bag and about $15 per bag labor.

2. John Allin

John Allin PlowSite.com Addict

Not enough.
    We get $16 per bag (or any part thereof) plus the labor to spread (1/2 hour minimum).

3. Doug406

Doug406 Member

Only ONE Contractor?

Pretty sad that a near millionare is the only person using non salt products on the walks (John ). Or is he the only one that is kind enough to give me advice? Thanks again.

4. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

Sorry Doug, we have switched to magic -0. So I dont have calcium pricing. But seeing that magic is about the same price retail as CAL, we get about $ 30.00 per bag spread.
    Dino

5. John Allin

Near ???

6. John Allin

just kidding

7. n y snow pros

n y snow pros Senior Member

We switched to Magic as well but we use to charge 40.00 an hour per man plus .50 cents a pound for ice melter spread.

8. Doug406

Doug406 Member

thank you guys

9. JVS

JVS Junior Member

icemelt $$

We use Lescomelt. We charge $20 (plus tax)per bag per / per occurance on Residential homes.