1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Calcium Chloride for 7 acres

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by PrecisionS&I, Aug 10, 2012.

1. PrecisionS&I

PrecisionS&I Member
    from Ohio

I'm looking for a little input. Putting a bid together for a 7 acre property that is entirely concrete.
    The spec is to apply calcium chloride to the entire lot. What is the best product to use? I cant see using 50lb bags. And what application rate. Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

MARK SUPPLY Member

you might be suprised a little calcium goes a long way, but it all depends on the conditions. I am guessing that the winning bidder will be using liquid cal.
  3. PrecisionS&I

PrecisionS&I Member
    from Ohio

I realized it would have to be liquid!:dizzy::dizzy:
  4. SullivanSeptic

SullivanSeptic PlowSite Veteran

Yes. Liquid for sure.
  5. PrecisionS&I

PrecisionS&I Member
    from Ohio

What does liquid calcium cost per gallon? And what is going rate applied?
  6. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

Check with "choloride guy" here on the forum... he seems to have a boat load of info
    good luck
  7. bharkness

bharkness Junior Member

Give us a call at Michigan Chloride 1-800-286-7312
  8. ChlorideGuy

ChlorideGuy Member

Thanks for giving us a call today, Brian. Any other questions feel free to give us a call.
  9. mpgall26

mpgall26 Senior Member

See if you can store it onsite and fill up there. Storage tanks are cheap and bulk will save a lot of time and money.
  10. szorno

szorno Senior Member

If you are looking for an effective way to spread the liquid check out www.highcountryis.com
    Great application for the 325 gal unit.