1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

calcium chloride coverage?

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by PTSolutions, Oct 16, 2009.

1. PTSolutions

PTSolutions PlowSite.com Addict

curious as to the coverage on a bag of chloride? Ive never used the stuff so I have no clue. a customer does not want rock salt as they have stamped concrete around the church so all walks are to be treated with calcium chloride.

total walkways to be treated are approximately 4050 sq. ft., would be spread by an earthway C24HD stainless spreader, I can close off the pattern to a narrow center path.

i know bb's roll, so ive heard that nuggets are good, and you get better coverage b/c they stay in place. what do you guys think?

and is peladow the same thing?
  2. jwwieberg

jwwieberg Junior Member

I believe the bags says 3-4 oz per sq feet, and I believe someone said that's about 2,500 sq ft.
  3. PTSolutions

is this for the bb style? I havent had a chance to go to the suppliers to look at the bags yet, which is why Im asking. anything you recommend particularly?
  4. badabing1512

badabing1512 Senior Member

Yea id also like to know the coverage of one 50lb bag of CC.
  5. forestfireguy

forestfireguy PlowSite.com Addict

From Oxy the new owners of the formerly DOW peladow line, peladow CalCl will cover 1500 to 3500 SqFt. They guy there sent me a spreadsheet to figure coverage, it's not super helpful. I was hoping for a tighter range but if you estimate usage on the lowest end for everything you have you'll end up OK
  6. PTSolutions

that does help out alot, id probably be safe figuring about 2K of coverage per bag. thanks for the responses guys!