1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Calcium Chloride #500 per application

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by mullis56, Sep 8, 2009.

1. mullis56

mullis56 Senior Member
    from Indiana

I am going to look at 2 locations tomorrow that require #500's of Calcium Chloride per application, and if we get it yes the old tailgate spreaders will be back out!

What is the cost of Calcium Chloride per #50 bag? Skid?

Calling some suppliers tomorrow too.

2. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

~$16 ..........

3. mullis56

mullis56 Senior Member
    from Indiana

That was my guess $15/actually.....wtf just use rock salt lady! I can't not bid her stuff we just cracked the door with them, and she gives us these (2) properties to bid that well aren't the best for what we do but we will bid them...

4. cretebaby

I had a guy tell me today that he wants calcium on a 7 acre lot.

5. mullis56

mullis56 Senior Member
    from Indiana

Did you tell him he is STUPID! This at least is the top level of a parking garage and the other scope of work asks you to offer both rock salt and calcium. Why? Do people really not know or is it another contractor that doesn't know that has mis-guided them?

My lady was a referral to us from a guy who owns portions or invests in some of their properties and we manage all of his stuff, if not we can't get in to bid her stuff...she is just trying us on a few properties to start with I would like a face to face with her when I deliver bid and explain more economical ways to do her normal lots without calcium and our pricing will reflect that! $15 bag will be HIGH spread!

Last edited: Sep 9, 2009
  6. cretebaby

I don't know.

I told this guy that rock salt as the norm for a lot that size and he said to figure that as an option.