1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

calcium and salt

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by AFSPLOWING, Nov 13, 2014.

1. AFSPLOWING

AFSPLOWING Member

I am located in Rockland County,I was wondering where everyone gets there salt and calcium.We can travel to bergen,rockalnd,westchester.etc

2. Bossman 92

Bossman 92 PlowSite.com Addict

Ours comes out of cleveland...but in all seriousness isn't it a little late to be looking for salt?

3. AFSPLOWING

AFSPLOWING Member

I have salt that's not the problem.I am always looking for the best price.Not to mention I just got 2 more large accounts I didn't account for.

4. GMC3500

GMC3500 Junior Member

I also just got 2 large accounts and am looking for a pallet of rock salt and a pallet of calcium chloride blend

5. AFSPLOWING

AFSPLOWING Member

Lake George!That's my place!I'll keep an eye out for ya.i called a few places in PA waiting to get some calls back.

6. TPCLandscaping

TPCLandscaping Senior Member

Ill be in lake george tomorrow…well warrensburg hopefully to pick up my boat and new trailer to haul back up here and put away for the summer…

I just found out tuesday what id be getting for material this winter. DEC was keeping my guy out of his sand pit. He finally got approval to go in this week and he's picking up salt…. I have a supplier up here that has about 3 tractor trailers of bag salt.

7. GMC3500

GMC3500 Junior Member

small world!!! I live in lake George and I have accounts in Warrensburg,but ive been on a crazy search for salt ever sense I found out I could bid this place I need 1 pallet of some type of blend with calcium chloride in it or very similar,and 2 pallets of rock salt,does anybody know whats is in magic? salt I found alot of distributors in my area

8. GMC3500

GMC3500 Junior Member

would you be interested in giving me that suppliers information?

9. Schoenberg Salt

Schoenberg Salt Member

Salt and Calcium

Give us a call tomorrow at 800-221-5105, we are the largest supplier of Calcium on the East Coast and the largest Distributor of Bulk Salt in Northern Jersey/ Downstate NY.

10. mtnbktrek

mtnbktrek Senior Member
    from NEPA

I called today for calcium pellets but apparently the largest supplier is out. May be available in December - could not get a price - place an order - or get a guarantee getting the material. Just try us again in December. Your plug makes it seem like you guys have it available- what gives??? What is the point of calling you???

11. mtnbktrek

mtnbktrek Senior Member
    from NEPA

Just called again as you asked me to do in a PM.
    Over $20 a bag picked up???? That's ridiculous I have 18 pallets coming from my supplier who is the biggest on the east coast for $10 a bag

12. Schoenberg Salt

Schoenberg Salt Member

I am sorry we couldn't help you, but that is a great price on Calcium Pellets... so great it sounds like a Blend more the Calcium and am curious about the Brand of Calcium Pellets you are getting. Not sure who your supplier is but buy everything you can at that price, while you can.

13. jerpa

jerpa Member

My supplier for calcium pellets under $20? How about home depot? $20 a bag for a blend? Try $8-$9 at full retail. I'm filling up my truck and heading east.

14. mtnbktrek

mtnbktrek Senior Member
    from NEPA

No blend - highest price I got was 11.25 p bag - they were 40# bags but still way lower than yours. I think it's $18 a bag at lowes/hd. Very popular brand not dusty like peladow either but if pela is all there is then so b it