1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Cabover Plow Mounting Questions

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by hauler1000, Oct 5, 2011.

1. hauler1000

hauler1000 Junior Member

I searched the site but couldn't find any pictures of the mount for a W5500. Does anyone have pictures of the mount they fabricated for their cabover Isuzu, or W series not the Mitzu. Thanks for you help.
  2. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

3. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

I know Western made a universal mount for some of the older plows like a Unimount. It requires some fab, and welding, but all the parts are there to put something together.
  4. Plowtoy

Plowtoy Senior Member

I cant help you with pictures, but my uncle had a fuso many years ago that had a perminute mount fisher on it. If remember right, in order to tilt the cab he had to pull a pin or two on the "headgear" part of the plow and then it would pivot forward on hinges, then allowing the cab to tilt forward. It was a real cool plow truck, being able to basically sit on top of the snow pile as your making it (so it seemed) and seeing well over the pile. It did have its flaws though, had a few electrical problems that he was never able to get rid of.
  5. MidAtlantic

MidAtlantic Member

Any luck on finding w5500 plow mounts? We have 5 w4500, w5500 & NQR's with boss plow mounts. We tried may configurations and finally found a good sturdy setup which we now have on our cabforward trucks.

We have put plows on mid 90's isuzu trucks and 2007s. We love plowing with these trucks more than our ford f350s. They have the best visibility and a turning radius that blows any truck on the market.

We may sell some of our take offs to anybody interested.
  6. hauler1000

hauler1000 Junior Member

No one stepped up to get me some pics. I have a meyers plow that I'm trying to put on my truck. If you snap a few pics of the mounts on your 5500 I would be grateful. The fabricator who is mounting it next week would like some pics if possible to see how you strengthened the frame and picked up the push arms from behind the stabilizer bar. Again pics would be awesome if you could.

7. hauler1000

hauler1000 Junior Member

Can you take some pictures of the mounts you want to sell? I might be able to piece together you mount and my mount. How much would you want for it? Thanks.
  8. concreteguy

concreteguy Senior Member

I have a 99 Mitsu with a uni-mount. I think Western my have a mount for it, but mine is a ultra w/ the conversion kit to a uni, welded to it. If you still need pics I could take some