1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

cabover owners

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by lawn king, Oct 1, 2005.

1. lawn king

lawn king PlowSite.com Addict

For any of you cabover owners that are undecided about what kind of plow to buy. One of the MANY great features of the sno-way system that doe's not get much mention is the fact that you can tilt the cab with the plow on. Pull the upper center pin, tilt the plow light rack forward and you can tilt the cab! Waycool,Waycool,Waycool!!!!!!!!!! SNO-WAY the power plow!! payup
  2. Allagash

Allagash Senior Member

I know this has nothing to do with your post....but I'm curious....Explain to me why cab overs require down pressure? I've read about this on here and I'm not sure what the concept is and why it's necessary on some vehicles.
  3. NJ Plowman

NJ Plowman Senior Member

Anybody use a 4x4 cabover to plow with? We were thinking of a 4x4 with a 10 foot landscapers body on it. We would drop a salt spreader v-box on it. Any thoughts? :help:
  4. lawn king

I never said cabovers required DP. Many cabovers here on plowsite have fishers,blizzards and boss. DP is great to have when you need it,but not required. Once you plow with a cabover you will prefer it to conventionals! You can see everything and you can edge and follow contours very nicely! Plow on. :salute:
  5. gene gls

gene gls PlowSite.com Veteran

There are pros and cons to cab overs.

6. lawn king

The pros outweigh the cons 10 to 1. I have owned & operated curtis & fisher plows on conventional trucks. I prefer the cabover.