1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

cable type western

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by tunzophun41, Dec 22, 2013.

1. tunzophun41

tunzophun41 Junior Member

Hello,

My older cable type western plow pump is giving me some trouble. The unit goes up and down fine but does not move side to side. Occasionallly with the joystick in the left or right position the plow will go up. After centering joystick and trying again the motor will continue to turn but no angle.The filter is clean with plenty of fresh fluid. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Sounds like a cable adjustment

3. tunzophun41

tunzophun41 Junior Member

Thanks,

Even with the cables disconnected and moving the valves manually, nothing angles. up and down is fine. left and right is a problem.

4. Pkopersk

Pkopersk Junior Member
    from gr

I am having the same issue. Just rebuilt all seals and installed new ram. Up/down is fine. Will not go left/right. Hydraulic line torques when trying to go left

5. jfleming

jfleming Member

lift valve is likely turned in to far. Set the plow down, back out the lift valve till it wont lift the plow and then turn it in just until it lift and go no more than 1/8 past that setting