1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

cable to electric

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by rancherman84, Oct 27, 2005.

1. rancherman84

rancherman84 Senior Member

i have conventional style western cable control pump on my 92 ford,buddy has a uni-mount western on his 98 chevy with the electric control pump,can i convert the setup from my 92 to the electric setup from 98 style by just swaping the controls valves on the side of the pump?
    the pumps are both ISAMARK 3's right?
    anybody done this.

2. cornbinder

cornbinder Senior Member

cable or electric

are you out of your mind? the old style western was and is , arguably,the most reliable plow ever built. granted the newer,plows are nice and all,but all in all you can't beat the o/s for reliability!!! i've plowed with every kind of plow under the sun, myers are junk, they freeze up, and who wants to be changing one of the 5 zillion solenoids in a foot of snow, not to mention the tinfoil frame work, their made with. i've been plowing comm. for years now and the newest plow i have (other than my 9-2 v-boss i just bought)is a 1981. my advice is to stay with what you got!!!! if yer not let me know i'll buy your old set-up thanks, pete

3. rancherman84

rancherman84 Senior Member

i dont want change the frames and stuff,just maybe swicth over to electric controls.
    i like my western,but i think that fisher has the best blade ever built.

4. Bad Luck

Bad Luck Senior Member

I guess you've never had a cable freeze on you or break in the middle of the night then huh?

5. cornbinder

cornbinder Senior Member

western plow

[why do you think it's such a good plow? do a little research, fisher is made by western!!!!! ah, that's why it's such a good plow.

6. NJ Plowman

NJ Plowman Senior Member

I run a dozen Western Pro Series 7.5 and 8 foot cable operated plows and they are bullet proof. I personally do not think there is any benefit to switching from the cable to the electrically operated selenoid. What would be your reasoning? I wouldn't recommend it as you would be downgrading your equipment to a less reliable piece... :nono: