1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Cable to Electric Unimount Help

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by rawtoxic, Apr 16, 2010.

1. rawtoxic

rawtoxic Junior Member
    from Rockies

Hey Guys, Man I got burned, I thought I was getting great deal from this guy on craigslist and picked up a full unimount 7'6" complete with lights and pump well it turns out I should have looked closer at the pump now I realized the pump is cable unit, everything on the plow seems to be electric 9-pin etc. So I need to figure out how to convert this or can I buy and aftermarket pump or can someone source me a used/rebuilt pump? I have all the correct wiring harnesses and eveyrthing just need the correct pump to make it all work. Good thing I only paid $400 for the full unit and I pulled a full mount and wiring from a 94 chevy for another $150. But this will probably cost me a bit I'm sure!

The # on the pump is Mark III a-SER than a number I believe to be the serial B118122

It seems to be good condition if anyone is in the market for one of these I have one available it is untested but appears to functional with a minor leak (needs new gasket)

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

2. sonjaab

sonjaab PlowSite.com Addict

Why bother? The old cable operated Mark 3 pumps (as long as the cables are adjusted
    correctly) are simple and bulletproof ! As far as wiring its also quite simple to hook up
    just about any used harness you may have and with the addition of a simple dash
    switch to use to switch from plow lights to the truck lights as well as power the plow.
    No messing around with the ancient and no longer used relay set ups or even the new
    module stuff.

To convert a old cable mounted Mark 3 (if even possible) to a relay or module set up
    will be quite expensive to boot!

3. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

oop's

yeah like sonjaab said hook it up with tne cable unit till you find what you want ,just leave the plow on the truck .:)

4. rawtoxic

rawtoxic Junior Member
    from Rockies

thanks but...

well the main issue with me using the cable unit is we have two other plows with unimount electric setups and I want all units to be easily interchangeable so if one truck or plow goes down it's just a simple swap.

so apart from making the cable work what is the fix for my problem? can someone help me source a used pump if that will even work?

5. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

6. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Best bet is to try and locate a used power unit. The housings are totally different, so its not like you can just swap valve bodies or anything like that.

Post pics of what you have. I assume/hope the plow iron is all Unimount stuff? A used Unimount power unit is typically around $5-700 in the off season. I'll see if I can come up with something for you.

7. rawtoxic

rawtoxic Junior Member
    from Rockies

8. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Yes that is the correct one.

9. Plowfixguys

Plowfixguys Senior Member

I have a power unit in stock, as it is the off season here I can make you a good deal on it. Email me autontruck@yahoo.com

10. rawtoxic

rawtoxic Junior Member
    from Rockies

thanks

Plowfixguys I sent you an email! Let me know if you don't get it.

Thanks for everyones help.