1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Cable system operated pump

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by jgew21, Jan 31, 2015.

1. jgew21

jgew21 Junior Member

I have a 2 1/2 ton dump truck that I have put a 10 ft unimount plow on. I also purchased one of the cable activated Isarmatic Mark III pumps that was just completely refurbished. I also have a new controller and brand new cables and wiring. Pump was bench tested and everything is in range of normal specs. The pump operates correctly going up and down with no plow attached. However when I attach my plow then pump activates but will not lift the plow up. I took it to my local snow plow dealer and they told me that this system wont work??? I dont understand.

This project has been nothing but problems but it seems as if other people online use this same set up even though its old school. Does anyone have and help or suggestions for me?

Thanks,

Josh

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

What pump are you using? Cable or unimount?
    How big is the lift ram?

3. jgew21

jgew21 Junior Member

The pump is cable activated. I'm not sure how big the ram is. Also have new solenoid.

4. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Rebuilt or not. Sounds like a pressure test would be in order. And the size of the lift ram

5. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Lift valve adjustment is off or cable adjustment is off.