1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Cable snapped while plowing. where to get on?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by sn95vert, Feb 16, 2010.

1. sn95vert

sn95vert Senior Member

Got a cable operated pump and my cable that lifts and lowers the plow snapped.. i have no idea where to get a replacement. I have a 7'6" western conventional. anyone suggest where i can get one asap? any help is appreciated.

2. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict

Here are the parts number for the cables

3way cable #56035

4way cable #56130

I just look on CPW web site and they have the cable (#56130) which now western is using it for both 3way and 4way and cost 29.00.

Look in your telephone book to see who a part supplier for plows. Or go on western www.westernplows.com and click on the dealer location, and use your zip code to find the closet dealer to you.

3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Make sure when you replace them (buy 2) you make sure they are straight as possible if you have a curve in them they will snap again.

4. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

i have them in stock.

5. sn95vert

sn95vert Senior Member

Thanks for the help Twin man. bought 2 this morning from Kaffenbarger Truck Equipment for dirt cheap.

6. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict

Your welcome....Hope everything work out for you............

Happy plowing.........More snow to come...........

7. sn95vert

sn95vert Senior Member

I f***ing hope so. This season sucked..I think I may have to move upstate. :D