1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Cable Pull Controller

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by jfleming, Jun 14, 2014.

1. jfleming

jfleming Member

I just changed out my old T-handle style controller to the new style. When I push up or forward it lifts the plow and that will take a little getting used to as it is different form the T-handle. The question is how do I adjust the centering? When I push it forward all the way kind of sticks up there and the plow motor keeps running. If I am just bumping it forward minor adjustments it returns ok still a lillte of center but the motor does not stay running.

I am also looking to replace the knob and lever (rod) as this one I picked up is just got a threaded piece of rod in it.....

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

It is very important the cables make long flowing turns no tighter than a 6" radius, any sharp turns will bind their travel. Check to affirm you have the cables properly ran.

Used Control? If so you could need an internal control part. Disassemble the unit and see what part is worn.

Could be any of the parts 121 though 128