1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

cable plow issues

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by FAST87BIRD, Oct 8, 2009.

FAST87BIRD Junior Member
    from akron

alright guys got an older western cable plow 8ft on 73 chevy k25. bough it used the plow would creap up slowly and then drift down. had a bad o ring in the lower mount shooting fluid everywear. also plastic lift valve toasted, so i replaced this. put every thing back together. i have perfect movement left to right but little on up. if i give it a little ass hwile lifting it will come up. and it will stay there. what am i missing. dont have a pressure guage, did everything the manual says. local dealer swears its a pump from hearing this i think diff since l to r rams work fine
  2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

He might be right, takes alot less pressure to angle the blade than to pick it up. Need to fo a pressure check.